Pagina's

woensdag 2 januari 2019

For the Guys

Vandaag ben ik weer verder gegaan met de lessen van de Altenew Education Certification Program (AECP). Deze keer stond de cursus "For the Guys" op het programma.

Today I continued my lessons for the AECP certification. This time there where the classes from the "For the Guys" course.


Ik heb eerst alle lessen van de cursus bekeken en bedacht dat de les met de geometrische vormen mij het meeste aanspraken. Dus mijn stempels doorzocht wat ik daarvan had wat hiervoor in aanmerking zou komen. Ik had (net als de juf) de "Simple Shapes" set van Altenew.

First I watched all the lessons of the class. I found the lesson with the geometric shapes the most intresting. So I searched through my stampsets to find some stamps I could use. I have the stampset "Simple Shapes" from Altenew (like the one the teacher used).


Dus toen ging ik proberen. Eerst zoals de juf het ook had gedaan, met een dichte parallellogram en een driehoekje. Maar die kreeg ik niet mooi uitgelijnd, dus die verdween in de prullenbak. Toen heb ik de open hexagon gepakt om mee te spelen. Ik wilde niet dezelfde kleuren gebruiken als de juf, dus heb ik de kleuren erbij gezocht van de kleurenchallenge van Sunday Stamps.

So I started to try this technique. First time I did exactly the same as the teacher, with the same shapes (Parallellogram and Triangle). But I couldn't get the lines straight, so that example ended up in the bin. So the next shape I used was the Hexagon. I didn't want to use the same colours as the teachter, so I used the colours of the challenge from the Sunday Stamps blog.


Tot slot heb ik de "Pattern Play: Hexagon" stempelset van Altenew erbij gepakt en ben ik daar nog even mee door gaan spelen. Dit resulteerde in een aantal prullenbak exemplaren, maar ook 2 waar ik blij genoeg mee was om er een kaart mee te maken. Het was een leuke cursus waarbij ik geleerd heb om anders naar vormen te kijken en hoe ik die kan gebruiken om een patroon op mijn kaart te maken. En van deze 3 gemaakte kaarten is de bovenste mijn favoriet, dus die gebruik ik voor mijn AECP cursus en om mee te doen bij de challenge van Sunday Stamps.

After the first card I took the "Pattern Play: Hexagon" stampset from Altenew and started playing with that one. Result: some examples for the bin but also 2 I liked enough to make cards with them. This class was fun to do and I learned to look at shapes differently and to think how I could use that shape to make a pattern for my card. The top card of these 3 cards is my favorite, so I will use that one for my assignment of the AECP course and to participate in the challenge of Sunday Stamps.

Deze kaart doet dus mee bij de volgende challenge:
Sunday Stamps: #SSC195 Winter Solitude
http://sundaystamps.blogspot.com/ )

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Wow, these are GREAT guy cards with all the geometrics. And they look awesome in our colors, too, of course, lol. Love your stitching detail! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Beautiful cards! Love the colors that you used, great designs! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Janette these cards are wonderful! Perfect with our challenge colors and great masculine cards! Thanks for joining us at SUNDAY STAMPS :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I really love that you created extra projects for this course! the placement of stamping is spot on, Janette! I also love the choice of colors for the guy cards! I am so glad that you enter your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Awesome details and design! Super work!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen