Pagina's

dinsdag 23 april 2019

Gefeliciteerd

Vandaag ben ik weer aan de slag gegaan met een project voor mijn Altenew Educator Certification Program. Ik was gebleven bij de lessen van "Celebrations: Stencil Techniques"

Today I worked on my projects for the Altenew Educator Certification Program. I was working on the class from "Celebrations: Stencil Techniques"


Nadat ik alle filmpjes had bekeken ben ik aan de slag gegaan met mijn stencils. Ik had voor dit project de Leaf Burst stencil uitgekozen en wilde iets met een regenboog gaan doen.

After watching al the videos I took out my stencils. For this project I choose the Leaf Burst stencil and I wanted to do something with a rainbow.


Dus tussen de Altenew inkten de kleuren van de regenboog uitgezocht. Mijn stencil in 8 vakken verdeeld en toen de inkt aangebracht. Dat werd leuk, maar dat kon natuurlijk nog leuker. Dus het stencil een klein stukje gedraaid en nog een keer de inkt erop aangebracht. Beide keren de Blender Brushes gebruikt, want dan hoefde ik het stencil niet af te plakken.

I used the Altenew inks in rainbow colours for my project. I divided my stencil into 8 sections and applied the ink. This was nice, but it could be nicer. So I turned the stencil a bit and applied the ink again. Both times I used the Blender Brushes, that way I didn't have to mask down my stencil.

Maar toen zag ik hoeveel inkt er nog op mijn stencil zat, eigenlijk zonde om niet te gebruiken en toen schoot ook een techniekje van de cursus door mijn hoofd. Namelijk om het stencil als stempel te gebruiken. Dus, nog een beetje extra inkt aangebracht en er water over heen gesproeid. Vervolgens omgekeerd en op een stuk aquarelpapier gedrukt.

I saw how much ink was left on my stencil and didn't want to waste that. At that time I remembered the technique from the classes, to use the stencil as a stamp. So I applied a bit more ink on my stencil, made it wet with water and put it on a piece of aquarelpaper.


Beide resultaten waren leuk, maar miste toch nog iets. Dus ik heb het eerst een nacht goed laten drogen. Vervolgens het stencil er weer boven op gelegd en er glimmer paste overheen gesmeerd. En toen waren ze echt leuk 😊

I liked both results, but was still missing something. So I let both pieces dry overnight. The next day I put the stencil back on top and used some Glimmer Paste. And now they where perfect! 😊

Voor de finishing touch nog een tekstje (ik denk van Crealies) uit gestanst uit zwart. Mijn projecten op zwart gemat en op een basiskaart geplakt en om het zwart een beetje meer terug te laten komen ook zwarte Nuvo Drops erop gedaan.

For the finishing touch I used a dutch sentiment die (saying: Congratulations) on black paper. Glued my panels on black paper and then on my basecard. To bring back the black and put everything together I also used black Nuvo Drops.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Nog even een poging of het op mijn laptop wel lukt. Mooie kaarten hoor

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Op mijn ipad mijn chase geleegd en hem opnieuw opgestart en opnieuw ingelogd op mijn blog. Kijken of hij nu hier ook lukt

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. oh my oh my!! Look at those colourful cards! They look so fun and vibrant. Happy cards! Thats what I will call them :)
    A tip editing wise, please try to brighten or adjust the exposure of your photos a little so that your projects shine more. Right now the photos look a little dark. Please know that the photos are crisp and clear just need a bit of adjustment "light" wise.
    Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in the AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Jannette, this card is so colorful and artsy!! I agree with Erum on the photo-editing. You will be amazed to see how much better your projects look in this blog by changing up a little bit! Do experiment to post multiple photos of one project with various angles. This helps the readers to see the beauty of your projects! Good luck and have fun! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen